[Slackbuilds-users] Freeze on New Submissions to Prepare for 12.2

Aleksandar Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:03:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut at liwjatan.at> wrote:
> alkos333 wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:18 AM, Stylianos Tsampas <ztsampas at otenet.gr>
> wrote:
>> > Slackware 12.2 is going to use KDE 4 or they will stick with tested kde
>> > 3.5?
>>
>> KDE4 is only added for testing.
>
> But still it would be interesting to know what will happen with scripts of
> packages currently in testing. I think it would be useful to a lot of people
> whether they should test against the packages in testing or the current
> scripts on SBo. Especially important here would be information on boost and
> qt4, as they are partially a lot different then the current scripts on SBo.
>
> Any clarification from the admin-side would be very appreciated :)

I'd agree with Heinz: a clarification would be appreciated.  I'd say
that once a package appears in -testing of the stable Slackware
release, it should be removed from the SBo; dependent packages README
files should be pointing then to the -testing package as a
requirement.

At least this is how I see it from the perspective of qt4 SBo
SlackBuild maintainer: as soon as qt4 appeared in -testing of the
current, I switched to using it.  I guess most of other maintainers
prefer too to see corresponding packages included in the Slackware in
one way or another, and thus get rid of the further maintenance...

Regards,
Alex