[Slackbuilds-users] Freeze on New Submissions to Prepare for 12.2

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 11:53:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 05:03, Aleksandar Samardzic <asamardzic at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut at liwjatan.at>
> wrote:
> > alkos333 wrote:
> kde
> >>
> >> KDE4 is only added for testing.
> >
> > But still it would be interesting to know what will happen with scripts
> of
> > packages currently in testing. I think it would be useful to a lot of
> people
> > whether they should test against the packages in testing or the current
> > scripts on SBo. Especially important here would be information on boost
> and
> > qt4, as they are partially a lot different then the current scripts on
> SBo.
> >
> > Any clarification from the admin-side would be very appreciated :)
>
> I'd agree with Heinz: a clarification would be appreciated.  I'd say
> that once a package appears in -testing of the stable Slackware
> release, it should be removed from the SBo; dependent packages README
> files should be pointing then to the -testing package as a
> requirement.
>
> At least this is how I see it from the perspective of qt4 SBo
> SlackBuild maintainer: as soon as qt4 appeared in -testing of the
> current, I switched to using it.  I guess most of other maintainers
> prefer too to see corresponding packages included in the Slackware in
> one way or another, and thus get rid of the further maintenance...
>
> Regards,
> Alex

But qt4 package in tesing/ could not co-exitst with qt3 package in the l/.
I'm using KDE4 so I'm not care for qt3 stuff. But it's painful for the ones
that still using KDE3. AFAIS, the SBo qt4 package can co-exist with the
offical qt3 package. So it is worth to remain a SBo qt4 package in my view.
But the SlackBuilds that using qt4 lib should be aware of offical qt4
package too.

--
Cheers,
Grissiom