[Slackbuilds-users] bug in irqbalance

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Sep 1 02:49:50 UTC 2008

Patrick J. Volkerding wrote:
> Grissiom wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> The irqbalance could only take into effect only if run as root. So
>> here is
>> my patch:
>
> Even if something only works for root, IMHO it is better to get upstream
> to make location changes.  That way other things (scripts, perhaps)
> won't try to run with an absolute path of /usr/bin/ expecting to find it
> there.

Yep, agreed, now that I see what the proposed change was.
Thanks, Alan and Scott, for pointing out my eyesight troubles. ;-)

> On the occasions that things have been moved like this without involving
> upstream, we've at least placed a symlink in the old, official upstream
> location to avoid those possible problems.

In this case, I don't think we gain anything from the move, so this can
be my official NAK on the proposed patch.

To the original poster: send the suggestion to the irqbalance developers.
If they make the change, then we'll obviously follow it.

-RW