[Slackbuilds-users] Package Build Issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 1 23:15:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Chess Griffin wrote:

> I can confirm that the wxGTK SlackBuild works fine on a full install of
> Slackware 12.2 -- I just did it today.  :-)

   That's encouraging, Chess.

> Is this a full clean install of Slackware 12.2?  If not, what is not
> installed?  And if it's an upgrade, what did you upgrade from?

   It's a clean installation with data and other applications restored from
the backup tape. I've had two weeks of the server/workstation being down;
this past week because it just would not boot into any kernel I built. There
was something in /etc that was overwritten by an earlier file on the tape,
apparently because the mtime of the tape file was newer than that of the
freshly-installed file. Friday night and Saturday morning I carefully did a
file-by-file restore of /etc and the system now boots into the
2.6.27.7-generic-smp kernel. When I redid the full install Friday from the
12.2 distribution disks, I put everything from disks 1 and 2 on, but only
kdebase and kdelibs because I run Xfce, not KDE.

   The original attempt was an upgrade from a working 12.1 system to 12.2.
FWIW, a Slackware-experienced SysAdmin duplicated my problems on a virtual
machine on which he installed -12.2 (his servers are still running -11.0),
but his solution didn't apply to my situation.

   Regardless, I'm up and running and trying to figure out why wxGTK cannot
find the installed gtk+2.

   What information can I provide? 'uname -a' reports: Linux salmo
2.6.27.7-smp #1 SMP Thu Nov 20 22:18:02 CST 2008 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2
Dual Core Processor 4800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux. This particular system has
run Slackware since September 2007 when it replaced my former
server/workstation.

   I would like to get wxGTK and tinyerp-client built today so I can actually
use the application this week.

Thanks,

Rich