[Slackbuilds-users] Moving sbopkg to /usr/sbin and require root

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 02:59:20 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 2/10/09, Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:

> So, the question is:  how many people feel strongly about
> keeping the
> ability to run sbopkg as a non-root user?  Could folks
> adapt to using
> sbopkg only as root?

ROOT-only sounds fine to me.  The main use of a non-root user for me would be for testing SlackBuilds, and I don't have to use sbopkg for this (though root could drop perms as mentioned in a feature request).

Non-root users really only need to view the Changelog and search/browse the repo.  Non-admins could just use links/lynx on SBo if they need this from their console ;)

--phillip