[Slackbuilds-users] Moving sbopkg to /usr/sbin and require root

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:47:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:59, Phillip Warner <pc_warner at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Tue, 2/10/09, Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:
>
> > So, the question is:  how many people feel strongly about
> > keeping the
> > ability to run sbopkg as a non-root user?  Could folks
> > adapt to using
> > sbopkg only as root?
>
> ROOT-only sounds fine to me.  The main use of a non-root user for me would
> be for testing SlackBuilds, and I don't have to use sbopkg for this (though
> root could drop perms as mentioned in a feature request).
>
> Non-root users really only need to view the Changelog and search/browse the
> repo.  Non-admins could just use links/lynx on SBo if they need this from
> their console ;)

So, is there any possiblity that seperate the script into two, one requered
root permission(install/upgrade/remove pkg etc.), one doesn't need(rsync
local repository, search/brows installed pkg etc.). This way can avoid a
root own huge local repository and convienent for daily use.

--
Cheers,
Grissiom