[Slackbuilds-users] How to contribute ?

Alan Hicks alan at lizella.net
Sat Jan 3 00:21:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 21:08:04 +0100
Xavier Maillard <xma at gnu.org> wrote:

> I have several slackbuilds I am currently maintaining for my own
> need. I'd like to know how I can contribute them to the
> slackbuilds.org website so that someone with more time than I
> have could adopt them.

We expect those people who submit scripts to us to also maintain them.
If you're not willing to maintain them, then please post a list of them
to this mailing list and ask if anyone else is willing to consider
maintaining them. That person or persons can then look over the scripts
and decide if they want to support them in their current format and/or
do what's needed to get them up to our standards.

> Additionnaly, what is the policy of SBo for the usage of the
> fakeroot program when constructing a package ?

Don't.

Ecclesiastes 7:5