[Slackbuilds-users] Sage

Joel J. Adamson adamsonj at email.unc.edu
Thu May 21 14:55:02 UTC 2009

Dear Slackers,

I am in the middle of testing a SlackBuild for Sage
(http://www.sagemath.org).  Sage ties together a bunch of computer math
systems, including numerical computation, computer algebra and other
systems to make a unified, free software alternative to Mathematica and
other proprietary math software.

In order to make a unified build and not have _any_ dependencies, Sage
installs a number of components in a local tree that are already
available from SlackBuilds.org (e.g. scons, maxima).  I do not
anticipate any conflicts with existing packages, but is there any policy
on a build like this?

Thanks,
Joel

--