[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20091102

Roger Brown robrown at rogerbrown.org
Mon Nov 2 09:53:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 10:43:27 +0100
Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér <mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk> wrote:

> Yes, it is true.
> There has been a massive rewrite in order to let GTK2 do the work
> previously handled by Gnome componenents.

Yes I subsequently realised I could check that with ldd.

Great stuff - that certainly makes things easier for the future.
Perhaps one of you influential people might even be able to twist PV's
arm enough to get him to put it back in the main distro.

After all his stated reason for removing it originally was that it was
that at that time he had trouble getting it to compile without Gnome

Did you have the same issue with print preview (needs evince) ?
--
Roger Brown
me at rogerbrown.org
http://rogerbrown.info