[Slackbuilds-users] mdbtools-0.5 Seg Faults

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 10 22:15:22 UTC 2009

   I have some .mdb files that accompany spatial data and I need to translate
them into a format I can use, sqlite or (perhaps) postgres. I downloaded the
source and SlackBuild script from the Web site, built and installed it.

   When I try to run mdb-export on a 12.6M file it seg faults. It also
segfaults after a brief output of mbd-schema:

DROP TABLE SYSTEM - Report Parameters - Int;
CREATE TABLE SYSTEM - Report Parameters - Int
  (
         Interpretation Name                     Text (120)

);
-- CREATE ANY INDEXES ...

DROP TABLE SYSTEM - Soil Survey Area;
CREATE TABLE SYSTEM - Soil Survey Area
  (
         Area Symbol                     Text (40),
         Area Name                       Text (270),
         Legend Key                      Long Integer (4)

);
-- CREATE ANY INDEXES ...

-- CREATE ANY Relationships ...

Segmentation fault

   I'd appreciate suggestions where to go for help in getting this to work
for this large file.

TIA,

Rich