[Slackbuilds-users] kvm

Al acummingsus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 02:46:29 UTC 2009

Ash Wiren wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Al <acummingsus at gmail.com
> <mailto:acummingsus at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Antonio Hernández Blas wrote:
>
>         On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 5:33 AM, Ash Wiren
>         <ash at spooksoftware.com <mailto:ash at spooksoftware.com>> wrote:
>

>             This is not the latest version of kvm, but its more recent
>             than
>             12.2's,
>
>     <snip>
>
>             BTW, it seems to me that there´s a bug in your SlackBuild,
>             in kvm.info <http://kvm.info>
>             you have this:
>
> <snip>
# tar xvf $CWD/$PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz
tar xvf $CWD/qemu-$PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz*

In SlackBuild, the above (now commented) line is line # 78.  My
substitution for that commented line is the 2nd above tar line.  Both of
those above lines reside at line # 78 and line # 79 in my thus edited
(and now working) SlackBuild.

That minor edit of substitute ( s/1st_line/2nd_line/ ) -- that 2nd line
above made it go, build and create an installable package.
*
> i assume you did export ARCH=x86_64
> But note that you should only compile for 64bit if you are actually
> running slackware64.
Doh!

As soon as I did that then everything works!

0.16 or whatever version of (somewhat merged) qemu-kvm works super on
Slackware 13.0  X64

FWIW on Slack 12.2  KVM 85 I got my Slack Samba shares seen by my Win
guests.

But, now, forgot how I did that.  I might have added to the configure
section of the SlackBuild.

(13.0  x64) Had Samba running but forgot to do/create a
/etc/samba/smb.conf until after Win 7 RC X64 guest up and running in KVM
with Slack 13.0  X64 the host.

Ha Ha -- Said Win 7 sees Samba but no Samba shares when run "net view"
via command prompt.  At least the internet web browse works fine from
the guest.

--
Alan.