[Slackbuilds-users] QT4 SlackBuild Script Issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 18 18:55:53 UTC 2009

   This is all on -12.2.

   I need to upgrade qt4-4.4.3 to -4.5.2 so I can build the sqliteman
package. The SlackBuild web site has qt4-4.5.1 as the souce link, but that's
not available on the TrollTech web site. Version 4.5.2 is available, but as
a .gz file, not a .bz2 file. These changes are easy enough to make in the
SlackBuild script. However, I have two questions I cannot answer myself:

   1) I do not have mysql installed, and don't need it since I run both
postgres and sqlite. Can I remove the line to include the mysql libraries
without breaking something else? The -4.4.3 version was not built with mysql
using the SlackBuild script.

   2) Line 76 of qt4.SlackBuild is:

echo $'o\nyes' | ./configure \

   This makes everything from the pipe to the end of the file a comment.
Should I change the single quotes to double quotes?

Thanks,

Rich