[Slackbuilds-users] QT4 SlackBuild Script Issues

Eric Hameleers (SBo) alien at slackbuilds.org
Fri Sep 18 22:12:13 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard schreef:

>   2) Line 76 of qt4.SlackBuild is:
>
> echo $'o\nyes' | ./configure \
>
>   This makes everything from the pipe to the end of the file a comment.
> Should I change the single quotes to double quotes?

Why do you think that?
It is not so. The >>> echo $'o\nyes' <<< part will output two lines of
text, which go into the input handle of the configure command on the
other side of the pipe.
If you do not use that echo, then you have to type 'o' and 'yes' to
the two questions that configure will ask you, which breaks the script
's non-interactive nature.

Eric