[Slackbuilds-users] postgresql

/dev/rob0 rob0 at slackbuilds.org
Fri Apr 2 17:53:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 01:44:58PM -0400, Donald Allen wrote:
> I do note that the README.SBo says "make sure rc.postgresql is
> executable", which I overlooked on first reading. I still think
> this is a bug, or at least an inconvenience. Why require the user
> to add execute permission? The installation should just take care
> of it.

No, this is how Slackware works. Most server packages do not come
enabled out of the box. You have to take explicit steps to enable
them. The setup has a section which does this for included server
packages.

A Slackbuild builds a Slackware package, so it would be wrong for
builds to assume that the service should be enabled by default.

Welcome back to Slackware, BTW.