[Slackbuilds-users] inkscape and gtkmm

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 21:12:08 UTC 2010

On 4/16/10, caio <elcaio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I do running current.. and gcc is v4.4.3.
> What do you recommend, downgrade gcc or stop using current, or what? I
> think this time was gtkmm but maybe in a few days another app will
> complains about it too.

If you know enough C++ to do it, you should create a patch and a modified
SlackBuild script that applies the patch... and send it to the maintainer
of the slackbuild. Later on, when slackware 13.1 comes out (which will
have the same gcc as -current has now, or a newer one), he'll already
have a working build to submit to SBo.

If you don't know enough C++, but you do know bash scripting and how
to apply patches, you could see if Gentoo or Debian -unstable has the
same problem (and a patch to fix it). If so, borrow their patch (they
won't mind).

If you don't know C++ or bash or how to use patch, eh, what possessed
you to run -current in the first place?

Downgrading gcc is a bad idea, unless you're going to downgrade the
whole OS to Slackware 13. Mixing and matching packages from stable and
current isn't a great idea: it might work sometimes, but when it breaks,
you're probably the only person on the planet who has that exact mix of
packages, so it's hard for anyone to help you much...