[Slackbuilds-users] slackware audio

Luis Henrique lmello.009 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:04:58 UTC 2010

There's a tweak that works with jack and other applications
such as LMMS. Try putting this in your /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

# Set JACK (and friends) to run in realtime mode:
echo "Setting JACK to run in realtime mode..."
setcap cap_ipc_lock,cap_sys_nice=ep /usr/bin/jackd
setcap cap_ipc_lock,cap_sys_nice=ep /usr/bin/qjackctl
setcap cap_ipc_lock,cap_sys_nice=ep /usr/bin/lmms
setcap cap_ipc_lock,cap_sys_nice=ep <application-path>

-- Luis