[Slackbuilds-users] Maintenance of orphans

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 00:56:56 UTC 2010

I am still thinking it would be best to just have:
* Application Name
* Homepage
* Application Category (derived from slackbuilds.org category list)
* Extended type (optional dropdown list of freedesktop categories)
* Description (250 Characters)
* Additional Notes (optional) - can use use to list any additional
information including architecture, build system, etc...

And based upon the noted feedback it may be useful to add an upvote
button so people can add their vote for previously requested apps that
they  would also like to use, easily displaying priority to potential
maintainers.

As for the potential of letting users upload a list of builds they
wish to orphan, that is questionable because I think it would still be
best for the maintainers to advise the official mailing-list so the
Sbo admins know that you do indeed wish to drop those builds, then
have me manually add them to the database from that announcement.

--
-Thank You,
-Matthew Fillpot