[Slackbuilds-users] Some necessary changes to build a newer version of gpsd

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 1 13:17:04 UTC 2010

> I've just submitted kismet script after some adjustments for x86_64, so
> if everything's OK, it should be accepted soon.  I'm aware that kismet
> is able to use gpsd, but I have no hardware to test it.  If it doesn't
> require any other steps than simply installing gpsd together with
> kismet, I think it would be a good idea to mention gpsd as an option in
> kismet's README file.

I've just tested your newly released Kismet, and it works fine with
gpsd-2.94.  The new Viking works fine also works fine with gpsd-2.94.
Thanks to Audrius and Pierre!

A new upstream version of gpsd, 2.95, is due to be released right now,
so I'll wait another few days before submitting the new gpsd
SlackBuild, if that's ok with everyone.

Thanks and regards
-Dave Spencer