[Slackbuilds-users] ffmpeg

Max Miorim miorimmax at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 08:42:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut at liwjatan.at> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 June 2010 07:36:40 Dhaby Xiloj wrote:
>> - gpg control packet
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Slackbuild script for ffmpeg does not install the man pages, this
>> is fixed by adding the following line
>>
>> make install-man DESTDIR=$PKG
>
> I highly doubt that. By default the SlackBuild does install man-pages. If it
> doesn't, something is wrong with your system or you are doing something wrong.
> I will have a look at that command, maybe it does indeed make things easier,
> but it is definitely not necessary for installing man pages.
>
> Grs,
> Heinz

I have had the same issue earler, it turns out that the configure
script looks for texi2html and if it isn't found the docs aren't
built, according to configure:

if enabled texi2html; then
    echo "BUILD_DOC=yes" >> config.mak
fi

texi2html is provided by T/tetex. Once installed, the documentation is
generated properly.

-- Max