[Slackbuilds-users] ffmpeg

Keith Richie disturbed1976 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 09:36:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Max Miorim <miorimmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut at liwjatan.at> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 01 June 2010 07:36:40 Dhaby Xiloj wrote:
>>> - gpg control packet
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The Slackbuild script for ffmpeg does not install the man pages, this
>>> is fixed by adding the following line
>>>
>>> make install-man DESTDIR=$PKG
>>
>> I highly doubt that. By default the SlackBuild does install man-pages. If it
>> doesn't, something is wrong with your system or you are doing something wrong.
>> I will have a look at that command, maybe it does indeed make things easier,
>> but it is definitely not necessary for installing man pages.
>>
>> Grs,
>> Heinz
>
> I have had the same issue earler, it turns out that the configure
> script looks for texi2html and if it isn't found the docs aren't
> built, according to configure:
>
> if enabled texi2html; then
>    echo "BUILD_DOC=yes" >> config.mak
> fi
>
> texi2html is provided by T/tetex. Once installed, the documentation is
> generated properly.
>
> -- Max

Works for me.

>From the SlackBuild FAQ

Note that for many builds, you will need to have a true login shell in
order to have a correctly populated environment. Among other things,
/usr/share/texmf/bin will not be in your PATH if you simply do "su" --
therefore, you will need to either use "su -" when switching to root,
or source the the /etc/profile script after doing "su", or perhaps
modifying /root/.bashrc to include necessary PATH elements.