[Slackbuilds-users] portmidi

JK Wood joshuakwood at gmail.com
Fri May 7 03:41:12 UTC 2010

On Thursday, May 6, 2010, David Woodfall <dave at unrealize.co.uk> wrote:
> On (12:34 06/05/10), Tim King <datimmay at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
>
> Hi thanks for checking David.
>
> Yes I'm using the script from SBo for hydrogen and all depends including
> portmidi.  I AM using multilib as well (which I neglected to mention), but I
> am not using the 32 bit environment at all.  All of my build commands look
> like so:
>
> ARCH=x86_64 ./portmidi.SlackBuild
>
> Does all this need to be built 32 bit instead or is there something I need
> to do differently because of the multilib?
>

> I just built on x86_64 without problems, except I needed to edit the
> ladspa slackbuild.
>
> I really don't know if multilib will affect things. I would be
> inclined to think passing ARCH=x86_64 would just build as if it's
> plain x86_64.
>
> Perhaps someone else on the list will know more about that.
>

> Tim

Occasionally, you have to force it to use the correct libraries in a
multilib environment. SlackBuilds.org recommends
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib${LIBSUFFIX}" but I invariably use
LDFLAGS="-L/lib${LIBSUFFIX} -L/usr/lib${LIBSUFFIX}" in front of your
configure lines.

Otherwise, assuming you still have problems, you might want to look
for a Gentoo patch for multilib or something.

--JK