[Slackbuilds-users] Nvidia driver update - for GoogleEarth and Amaya Builds, perhaps others

Chris Abela chris.abela at maltats.com
Mon Nov 22 10:14:00 UTC 2010

Same here with Googleearth on Nvidia.
All you (we) need are both the 64 bit and the 32 bit nvidia drivers.

See: http://alien.slackbook.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=slackware:multilib

"Caveats
After installing the "-compat32" packages, you may have to re-install your
binary Nvidia or Ati video X.Org drivers. These driver packages contain both
64bit and 32bit libraries to be maximally useful on a 64bit multilib OS. If
you installed the driver files for both architectures, the "mesa-compat32"
package will overwrite some of the 32bit library files.

On the other hand, if you originally only installed the 64bit driver
libraries for your Nvidia/Ati card, it is recommended after installation of
the multilib packages, to re-install the binary driver package. This time,
choose to install the 32bit driver files as well.

The graphical 32bit applications that you are going to run on your multilib
installation will require these 32bit driver libraries. Crashes are likely
to occur if you fail to install the correct files."