[Slackbuilds-users] Nvidia driver update - for GoogleEarth and Amaya Builds, perhaps others

Martin Pagnan mpagnan at acanac.net
Mon Nov 22 16:24:57 UTC 2010

Chris,
This is interesting. The GoogleEarth.SlackBuild that I used has the arch
set as 486 and does a binary install. The Amaya.Slackbuild tests the
architecture (and in my case chose 64bit) and compiles from source. The
new Nvidia driver that I installed is apparently, from its name, for
64bit (like my old one). But now both Amaya and GoogleEarth work great
and I did not install the 32bit Nvidia driver.

I have installed multilib and read the recommendations. Could it be that
Nvidia's new 64bit driver has a 32bit thunk built in?