[Slackbuilds-users] Maintenance of orphans

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 22:34:35 UTC 2010

I think simple is better. Name, project site, lang/arch, brief
description would be enough. Anyone interested in picking up the
maintainership can go look up deps and more (and should anyway since
projects can change). Some of the info will be in old slackbuilds for
the previous slackware versions as well.

On 11/30/10, slakmagik <slakmagik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2010-11-30 (Tue) 13:22:57 [-0500], Matthew Fillpot wrote:
>>
>> For those that are interested:
>> What fields should we require a user to fill in when submitting a
>> request for a new build so that it will give enough info for packagers
>> to quickly determine their interest? At the very least I was thinking
>> App Category, App Name, Link to Homepage and a Short description.
>>

> Some information on language/build system and possibly known deps might
> be useful. All probably extractable from the homepage (or general site)
> but it might be good to have those as clear fields. It would be good to
> know if something was written in C using autotools with no deps or if it
> were written in brainfuck and uses zmake++ and depends on gconf.

Sent from my mobile device

You! What PLANET is this!
	-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0