[Slackbuilds-users] LinuxPAM has been in the pending queue for months.

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Fri Oct 22 09:44:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
crocket <crockabiscuit at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It seems LinuxPAM doesn't attract enough attention.
> Somebody needs to do something about this.

I suppose I can throw my opinion at this. I haven't looked at this
script. Not because of the author, not because it's PAM. I have no
problem with PAM, and I think citing old security flaws as reasoning
is silly. Mainstream distributions are getting along fine, and it
affords them Nice Things that Slackware just Can't Have.

That said, if Slackware is to get PAM, I'd much rather see it come from
PV or his team. I think it integrates too tightly with the system for
it to be something we host at SBo.

--
Erik Hanson