[Slackbuilds-users] LinuxPAM has been in the pending queue for months.

Murat D. Kadirov banderols at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:36:23 UTC 2010

  On 22.10.2010 15:44, Erik Hanson wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
> crocket<crockabiscuit at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> It seems LinuxPAM doesn't attract enough attention.
>> Somebody needs to do something about this.
> I suppose I can throw my opinion at this. I haven't looked at this
> script. Not because of the author, not because it's PAM. I have no
> problem with PAM, and I think citing old security flaws as reasoning
> is silly. Mainstream distributions are getting along fine, and it
> affords them Nice Things that Slackware just Can't Have.
>
> That said, if Slackware is to get PAM, I'd much rather see it come from
> PV or his team. I think it integrates too tightly with the system for
> it to be something we host at SBo.
It's true, but to integrate PAM into the system is not difficult when there
ready infrastructure. I guess this slaсkbild in queue is engaged in its
creation. In my opinion it is very convenient for those who need it.

--
Murat D. Kadirov
PGP fingerprint: 3081 EBFA 5CB9 BD24 4DB6  76EE 1B97 0A0E CEC0 6AA0