[Slackbuilds-users] Web submission failure- invalid email address?

Rob McGee rob0 at slackbuilds.org
Fri Jan 14 18:03:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 05:53:02PM +1000, Adam Swift wrote:
> I tried to submit the attached package on slackbuilds.org and got
>
> vikepack at omnitude.net was rejected by omnitude.net.
> If your mailserver uses Greylisting you may want to Whitelist
> slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org.
>
> Yes, the email address is a forwarder, not a real mailbox, but it
> definitely receives mail. E.g. my subscription confirmation to this
> mailing list. I don't use greylisting or any spam protection at all
> (because of said forwarders).
>
> Thoughts?

omnitude.net.           14400   IN      MX      0 omnitude.net.

(Quoting "<" and ">" added to show server and client respectively)

rob0 at cardinal:~$ telnet omnitude.net. 25
Trying 199.187.125.67...
Connected to omnitude.net..
Escape character is '^]'.
<220-server29.01domain.net ESMTP Exim 4.69 #1 Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:45:37 -0500
<220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
<220 and/or bulk e-mail.
>EHLO cardinal.lizella.net
<250-server29.01domain.net Hello cardinal.lizella.net [216.23.247.74]
<250-SIZE 52428800
<250-PIPELINING
<250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
<250-STARTTLS
<250 HELP
>MAIL FROM:<slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org>
<250 OK
>RCPT TO:<vikepack at omnitude.net>
<250 Accepted
>quit
<221 server29.01domain.net closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

When the webform tried what I just did above, it was rejected. I
don't know if Erik keeps logs of those address verification probes,
but surely the Exim mailer logged it. If you're the omnitude.net
postmaster, you'll have to try to figure it out.
    Rob McGee - /dev/rob0 - rob0 at slackbuilds.org