[Slackbuilds-users] [13.37] Slackbuild patch for r2e 2.71

Dario Niedermann dnied at tiscali.it
Thu May 5 21:48:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, 5 May 2011 13:38:12 -0700 (PDT), Rich Shepard
<rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 May 2011, Dario Niedermann wrote:
>
>> One of the files in the source archive changed name, so that had to be
>> fixed.
>
> Dario,
>
>    That's because I contacted the developer and made him aware that his new
> configuration files overwrote the existing, tuned, configurations. That
> caused rss2email to stop working. He changed the name of the new file (I
> think by adding an extension) so upgrades now leave our individual
> configurations alone.

The dev did in fact rename the 'config.py' file to 'config.py.example';
anyway, note that the slackbuild will install this file as
'/etc/r2e/config.py.new' if an '/etc/r2e/config.py' pre-exists.

So, regardless of the source file's name, the slackbuild won't overwrite
any config files that might be in use.

Regards,
DN