[Slackbuilds-users] testdisk

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at xsmail.com
Thu May 12 07:36:06 UTC 2011

Robby Workman wrote:

> Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:

>> > The src/texfat.c file doesn't exist in the tarball, so that hunk
>> > fails to apply and errors out the build.  I personally don't have
>> > time to wade through the code and see if it's fine to skip that
>> > hunk, so maybe someone else will care enough ;-)
>>=20
>> Yes, i posted it for people who care, most importantly the maintainer,
>> since its not my package. Upstream also supplies a 6.12-WIP (work in
>> progress) tarball which works:
>> http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
>> Mind though that this is not a stable release, its currently tagged as
>> beta, additionallly from what i can tell theres been many changes to
>> the way the program operates since 6.11.3.
>

> Well, it builds here, so I'm going to bump it before 13.37 goes out.
> The maintainer can deal with the fallout ;-)

The 6.12 testdisk version was released yesterday. Will be better to
switch to the stable version as among other things like this being a
recovery too so stability is a primary concern, the WIP is a moving
target. Checksum changed with every git commit.
http://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk-6.12.tar.bz2
md5sum: 6ef653301f309156f3a802233a3139c1

cc'ing the maintainer

Greg

--
()  against html e-mail  |  usenet & email communication netiquette
/\  www.asciiribbon.org  |  www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html