[Slackbuilds-users] qtractor's more optional dependencies...

korgman korgie at gmail.com
Sun May 22 08:35:31 UTC 2011

mmOn 12/05/2011 10:18 πμ, Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello wrote:
> Qtractor can be built with support from various packages already
> available at slackbuilds.org, such as:
>
> liblo
> librubberband
> dssi
> lv2
>
> This information should be included in qtractor's README file.

I have my own version of qtractor.SlackBuild (i had no time to submit).

If someone wants windows VST support (I tried some plugins and the support is buggy, maybe in the future the support wil be better) he must install dssi-vst* and again optional download the SDK (version 2.x) from Steinberg if you don't prefer the vestige header.

One more clarification. The tab for VST plugins in qtractor refers to native (linux) VST plugins (ex. discovery). For windows VST plugins you go to DSSI and through dssi-vst the windows vst's are shown and (hopefully) loaded.

I don't know if SBo staff like this procedure, for this reason I send my changes here. If you approve I will ping the maintainer.

... [after variables] ...
# check for vstsdk2.3 or vstsdk2.4 folder
VSTFOLDER=$(ls -d $CWD/vstsdk2.? | tail -1)
VSTVERSION=$(echo $VSTFOLDER | gawk -F'sdk' ' { print $2 } ')

# VST support from Steinberg or from vestige?
if [ ! "$VSTFOLDER" == "" ]; then
	echo "$VSTFOLDER support enabled"
	VSTFOLDER="--with-vst=./$VSTFOLDER"
	TAG="${TAG}_VST${VSTVERSION}"
else
	echo "VST support from vestige"
	VSTFOLDER=''
fi

CFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
CXXFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS"
./configure \
   --prefix=/usr \
   --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
   --sysconfdir=/etc \
   --localstatedir=/var \
   --mandir=/usr/man \
   --docdir=/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION $VSTFOLD \ # Variable for vst.
   --build=$ARCH-slackware-linux

* I have submitted dssi-vst for approval.
--
http://clavisound.dyndns-server.com
Michales Michaloudes