[Slackbuilds-users] FW: mono does not build on Slack 13.37 32 bit

ABELA Chris chris.abela at maltats.com
Thu Apr 12 09:17:03 UTC 2012

Il giorno Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:09:51 +0200
"ABELA Chris" <chris.abela at maltats.com> ha scritto:
> The latest glibc update broke the compilation of mono, there are some
> workarounds, but I hope it comes soon as the new version of Slackware,
> I'm hoping that, to publish the change, I appreciate your suggest and
> if the problem still continues in the next version, I include your
> fix, in the new version of script.

AFAIK there are some packages who do not build anymore after glibc
update (but we don't have to forget SBo doesn't support -current).

The problem seems to be relied to indirect/implicit linking of some
shared object libraries (no longer allowed by "new" ld):
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=UnderstandingDSOLinkChange

I guess solution is to add an explicit option to gcc compilation
command ("-lXXX").

--
GNU/Linux * Slackware64 current/multilib
LU #210970 SU #12583 LM #98222/#412913