[Slackbuilds-users] FW: mono does not build on Slack 13.37 32 bit

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 07:36:02 UTC 2012

> The latest glibc update broke the compilation of mono, there are some
> workarounds, but I hope it comes soon as the new version of Slackware,
> I'm hoping that, to publish the change, I appreciate your suggest and
> if the problem still continues in the next version, I include your
> fix, in the new version of script.

I just compiled Mono in -Current using the latest version (2.11.1) and
it's working just fine

Mono JIT compiler version 2.11.1 (tarball Sat Apr 21 20:55:23 WIT 2012)
Copyright (C) 2002-2012 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors.
www.mono-project.com
        TLS:           __thread
        SIGSEGV:       altstack
        Notifications: epoll
        Architecture:  x86
        Disabled:      none
        Misc:          softdebug
        LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
        GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)

i also managed to compile MonoDevelop and it's working fine as well

please remember that SBo only hosts packages that are compatible with
spesific version of Slackware (13.37 in this case), not -Current in
general, although it's useful to make sure that the packages are
compatible with next version of Slackware when Pat has given a signal
that next release is getting near so that those scripts can be copied
to the new directory and ready to be used when next Slackware gets
released

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
Personal Blog : http://willysr.blogspot.com