[Slackbuilds-users] A slight 'problem' with the app I'm supposed to maintain...

irgunii at gmail.com irgunii at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 13:27:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 07:49:03 -0500
Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com> wrote:

> On Friday, December 14, 2012 06:23:39 AM irgunii at gmail.com wrote:
> >   It's been brought to my attention (thank's Richard!) that the link to
> > download kim4 isn't working properly.
> >
> >   Unfortunately the app is only found on kdeapps.org and any time one
> > changes views at any particular apps page on their browser, the download
> > link will change. (I hope that made sense)
> >
> >   I'm not sure how to 'fix' this so that those coming to the slackbuilds
> > repository will be able to just click the download link and it work for
> > them.
> >
> >   Any ideas will be greatly appreciated (I also need to change my e-mail in
> > my builds anyway as I'll be dropping my isp soon).
> >

> >   John
>
> http://bouveyron.free.fr/kim/release/kim4-0.9.5.tar.gz works for me.
>
> How does this change? I don't think I understood the part about changing
> views.
>

> - klaatu

  I can't find that link anywhere on his site. Where did you find the link for that?
  The only 'download' link I can find takes one to the kdeapps site.

  What I mean about 'changing' is, if you go to the kdeapps site for kim4 and scroll
  down to the download link and hover on it, it will give you the URL it's going to
  go to. If you 'reload' the page, the URL has changed, so any time one goes to that
  download link, it's not going to be the same for everyone else.

  I'm trying to figure out how to get one solid download URL that won't change and
  will be there for a while. His personal website has been around a while and no
  telling how much longer it will be there.

  John

--
FTG FTI FTP

A newspaper has three things to do. One is to amuse, another is to entertain and the
rest is to mislead. --former British Foreign Minister Ernest Bevin