[Slackbuilds-users] A slight 'problem' with the app I'm supposed to maintain...

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Fri Dec 14 13:46:57 UTC 2012

On Friday, December 14, 2012 07:27:49 AM irgunii at gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 07:49:03 -0500
>
> Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, December 14, 2012 06:23:39 AM irgunii at gmail.com wrote:
> > >   It's been brought to my attention (thank's Richard!) that the link to
> > >
> > > download kim4 isn't working properly.
> > >
> > >   Unfortunately the app is only found on kdeapps.org and any time one
> > >
> > > changes views at any particular apps page on their browser, the download
> > > link will change. (I hope that made sense)
> > >
> > >   I'm not sure how to 'fix' this so that those coming to the slackbuilds
> > >
> > > repository will be able to just click the download link and it work for
> > > them.
> > >
> > >   Any ideas will be greatly appreciated (I also need to change my e-mail
> > >   in
> > >
> > > my builds anyway as I'll be dropping my isp soon).
> > >
> > >   John
> >
> > http://bouveyron.free.fr/kim/release/kim4-0.9.5.tar.gz works for me.
> >
> > How does this change? I don't think I understood the part about changing
> > views.
> >

> > - klaatu
>
>   I can't find that link anywhere on his site. Where did you find the link
> for that? The only 'download' link I can find takes one to the kdeapps
> site.
>
>   What I mean about 'changing' is, if you go to the kdeapps site for kim4
> and scroll down to the download link and hover on it, it will give you the
> URL it's going to go to. If you 'reload' the page, the URL has changed, so
> any time one goes to that download link, it's not going to be the same for
> everyone else.
>
>   I'm trying to figure out how to get one solid download URL that won't
> change and will be there for a while. His personal website has been around
> a while and no telling how much longer it will be there.
>
>   John

If you go to kde-look.org and click the download link for kim4, it does one of
those "Your download should begin shortly" pages. On that page, it says
"Download should start in 5 seconds, if not, please <a
href="http://bouveyron.free.fr/kim/release/kim4-0.9.5.tar.gz">click here</a>
so i just right-clicked on the Click Here link, copied the link, wgot it just
to test, and then emailed it to you :-)

Going to http://bouveyron.free.fr/kim/ it does seem like that is its official
homepage.

- klaatu