[Slackbuilds-users] My echinus and vifm slackbuilds are ready.

Charles Kauffman molbolom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 01:00:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM, Audrius Kažukauskas <audrius at neutrino.lt>wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 11:35:53 -0600, Charles Kauffman wrote:
> > 2.
> > In the echinus.SlackBuild
> > sed -i "s;-Os;$SLKCFLAGS ;g" config.mk
> > sed -i "s;.pixmap: ;.pixmap: \/usr\/share\/echinus\/_g" echinusrc
> > sed -i "s/DOCPREFIX}\/echinus/DOCPREFIX}\/echinus-$VERSION/g" Makefile
> >
> > The source only contains Makefile and config.mk, no configure script.
>  So I
> > replaced the compiler flag -Os with SLKCFLAGS, as well as had the script
> > create a doc directory that had the version number appended to it.
> > The second sed makes modifications to the rc file since problems can
> occur
> > when the program loads.
> >
> > So, does that look good, or should I just leave some of that alone?
>
> Looks good to me.  As long as the changes don't break anything, I'd say
> go for it.  Just not sure if global (g) substitute is needed (it looks
> for multiple regex matches in a single line).  Also there should be a
> semicolon at the end of second sed-line, no (and no need to escape
> slashes)?

Thanks for the info on (g).  Had thought it would stop after the first
find/replace.  Anyway it worked just fine without it, so you were right
that it wasn't necessary.

As for the escape slashes, I had forgotten about them while testing and
editing the script until after I uploaded it to Slackbuilds, but then I
don't think it would fail having them in there.

Charles