[Slackbuilds-users] requirements in README files

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue Jul 10 17:32:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012, at 11:31 AM, J wrote:

> where you're dead wrong is the stuff about
> testing. what in the world does all that have to do with anything? the
> testing process wouldn't change one iota from where it currently stands.

Right now, it's up each maintainer to list the dependencies in the
README.  Yes, there is some vetting of this information by the admins
but essentially the burden remains with the maintainer.  However, if the
admins were to adopt an official SBo policy on dependency handling and
naming convention in the README file, then it seems to me each
submission would therefore need to be checked and tested against this
policy, both for completeness and accuracy.  And that would fall on the
admins.

--
Chess Griffin