[Slackbuilds-users] requirements in README files

J j at dawnrazor.net
Tue Jul 10 17:44:58 UTC 2012

Thanks for clearing that up, I now see where you're coming from. And I
believe you're misunderstanding; please all me an attempt to clarify:

My request is related *strictly* to formatting, and goes absolutely no
further. So that if someone submits a slackbuild with the requirement
listed, for example, like this:

Depends on: x, y, and z

Then it gets corrected by the admin, who is already making
corrections, and would only need to change that line to:

This requires x, y, and z.

since that is currently the most popular format and so it makes sense
to adopt that as the format in question.

And, as mentioned, I would be very happy to take up this part of the work.

So, again: my concern is strictly limited to formatting, and only for
actual hard and fast requirements, not optionals. This represents a
minor formatting change *at worst*. And that, I believe, requires no
change to the testing currently done by admins.