[Slackbuilds-users] requirements in README files

Ben Mendis dragonwisard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 21:20:20 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Jan Herrygers <janherrygers at dommel.be>wrote:

> But publishing a recommendation doesn't hurt, and it can be beneficial for
> the
> human reader too.
> I woul like a list delimited by newlines and/or tabs (perhaps multiple
> spaces?) That would IMHO be much more readable than separated by "," or
> "and"
> delimiters.
> Those who want to follow the recommendation, can do so, and those who don't
> want to, can keep doing what it is that they do want to do.

This.

I can't speak for anyone else on this thread, but this is what I would like
to see. This is exactly what I am supporting.

A _recommendation_ for how to format the list of requirements which most
maintainers are already documenting in their README files. And it would be
completely opt-in. If a maintainer doesn't feel like doing it, it was only
a recommendation anyways. If other people don't care about using dep-graph
tools, it's still completely human-readable (and perhaps even a little
easier for humans to read, too). The admins wouldn't have anything new to
enforce, so their job doesn't get any harder.