[Slackbuilds-users] Plans for jdk, jre

Eric Hameleers (SBo) alien at slackbuilds.org
Thu Jul 26 06:48:18 UTC 2012

Op 20-7-2012 0:57, Christoph Willing schreef:
> Since jre & jdk packages have been removed from -current, is anyone
> already planning relevant 14.0 SlackBuilds for SBo?
>
> Alternatively is there a better strategy for making a jdk available
> for those other SlackBuilds which assume its available? Alienbob's
> recipe perhaps - or could he be persuaded to make an SBo SlackBuild
> for it ...?

I won't be doing such a thing as adapting my own OpenJDK scripts for SBo.

Nobody wants to compile OpenJDK from scratch, it takes way too long.
Also, finding out all the source tarballs to use for a new release is
not trivial.
Either use my prebuilt packages, or do as Pat always did: download the
official Oracle binaries and wrap them into a package. If anything,
that would also have to be what a jdk.SlackBuild does if that gets
hosted at slackbuilds.org. Perhaps I will even maintain the SBo
version for that.

Eric