[Slackbuilds-users] Slackware 14

Eric Hameleers alien at slackbuilds.org
Tue Jul 31 20:41:10 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 08:37 PM, Petar Petrov wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> Since I joined SBo a year ago and have so far maintained scripts for
> only one Slackware release, I have the following question: What shall
> I do before the new Slackware release comes out? Am I supposed to
> start testing my slackbuilds when Slackware -current becomes RC1? Then
> if something needs patching, submit an update? The upload form is
> closed now, so what are you guys up to?
>
> Sorry if the questions sound silly, I read the mailing lists archives
> from a year ago when Slackware became 13.37, but did not find an answer.
>
> Regards,
>
> Petar
Yes, that is the idea.
If you test your SlackBuilds against Slackware 14 RC and report success
(or send us updates) then that will help the admins immensely in getting
a Slackware 14 repository live at the time of release.

You will have noticed that with every new Slackware release, several
SlackBuilds.org entries will disappear. The reason for this is that the
maintainer has not reported whether his submission(s) work for the new
release. The SlackBuild database is so big these days that the admins
can no longer test all the scripts in the short time between closing the
submissions form and the new Slackware release. We rely on the
maintainers to tell us it's OK to copy scripts from one to the next
database.

Cheers, Eric