[Slackbuilds-users] wxmacmolplt & wxPython

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at slackbuilds.org
Wed Oct 3 21:42:36 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 03 October 2012 23:18:40 Daniil Bratashov wrote:
> It seems to me that MacMolPlt should be using wxGTK, not wxPython as
> dependency. May be I don't understand something why it was replaced.

This is simply our way of handling conflicting scripts in REQUIRES. wxPython is
used globally in place of all wxWidget ports since it's a super set of all of
them. Most of them probably work with wxGTK as well.

When you check REQUIRES yourself you can pick either or and can guess that
python apps may indeed require wxPython because of the python bindings. When
you use tools that use REQUIRES for automatic dependency resolution, that's
the price you pay for convenience.

Grs,
Heinz