[Slackbuilds-users] wxmacmolplt & wxPython

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at slackbuilds.org
Wed Oct 3 21:50:07 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 03 October 2012 16:14:51 Erik Hanson wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:59:16 -0500
>
> Erik Hanson <erik at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 15:42:00 -0400
> >
> > B Watson <yalhcru at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > As I understand it, wxPython includes wxGTK. Anything that uses wxGTK
> > > can
> > > use either...
> > >
> > > Maybe the two builds should be merged?
> >
> > wxGTK was dropped for the above reason.
>
> Sorry, I spoke too soon. We had a conversation about dropping wxGTK and
> wxX11, but it never happened. However, I think Matteo has a small fix for
> wxPython that should make it work with wxmacmolplt in place of wxGTK.

While I don't really mind if wxGTK and wxX11 get removed, there really is no
necessity to do so IMHO. They are separate upstreams with separate release
schedules (which came in handy already once in the past). If the maintainers
still feel like maintaining them and want to provide users the option to pick,
why not? For avoiding conflicts in dependency management? On slackware?

Grs,
Heinz