[Slackbuilds-users] vlc 2.1.1 (SBo git) in 14.1

Antonio Hernández Blas hba.nihilismus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 06:49:17 UTC 2013

Thanks for your explanation, I have added fluidsynth, libshout, ftgl,
libkate and projectM successfully but i am still getting the message about
"configure: WARNING: live555 is missing or its installed version is too
old" :(

It seems that in fact live555 must be statically linked or at last use it's
source-code directory at build time with vlc [1], anyway... i'm letting
this in peace until i'm facing the need for it :)

[1] https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38686

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Christoph Willing <c.willing at uq.edu.au>wrote:

> On 22/11/2013, at 12:44 AM, Eric Hameleers <eha at alienbase.nl> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Antonio Hernández Blas wrote:
> >
> >> Anyway, after creating a "metaSlackBuild" for vlc [1] and getting a log
> [2]
> >> from it i'm seeing (grep -B 1 -A 2 vlc-2.1.1-build-2013-11-20.log) that
> >> live555 is not detected [3] by vlc. Is this "normal" or something wrong
> with
> >> my system?
> >
> > The full log when looking for live555 is like this (in my build):
> >
> > checking for LIVE555... no
> > configure: WARNING: No package 'live555' found.
> > checking for live555 version 1324598400 or later... yes
> > checking for main in -lliveMedia_pic... no
> > checking for main in -lliveMedia... yes
> >
> > The last three lines are what counts. Live555 is deteceted and a module
> built for it.
> >
> > Your log looks like this:
> >
> > checking for LIVE555... no
> > configure: WARNING: No package 'live555' found.
> > checking for live555 version 1324598400 or later... no
> > configure: WARNING: live555 is missing or its installed version is too
> old:
> > Version 2011.12.23 or later is required to proceed.
> > You can get an updated one from http://www.live555.com/liveMedia .
>
> If the latest SBo's from master are used, live555 should be recognised and
> used by vlc. From my vlc build log yesterday:
>
> checking for live555 version 1324598400 or later... yes
> checking for main in -lliveMedia_pic... no
> checking for main in -lliveMedia… yes
>

> [snip]
> > You don't need some of the other "missing" ones like DeckLink
>
> Decklink refers to a family of video capture and output cards - if you
> don't have one (or required includes/libs), "missing" is correct. They are
> great cards though (and SDK for Linux is available - with the required
> include/libs) with prices ranging from around AUD145. I use several of
> these cards in my work - they're a great mechanism for capturing full HD.
> See:
>     http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink
> and
>     http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity
>
> chris
>

> > and gnomevfs
>
> > Kate/tiger are only needed when you want to play Karaoke streams;
> >
> > The missing libva is a pity because that disables VLC's gpu-accelerated
> video playback;
> > Fluidsynth would be nice to have because then VLC can play MIDI files;
> > Shout is required if you want to use VLC as a player for
> ShoutCast/Icecast streams;
> > GOOM and ProjectM enhance VLC with nice hallucinatory visualisations
> when playing audio.

Antonio Hernández Blas | Oaxaca, México, Mx.
https://github.com/nihilismus | https://bitbucket.org/nihilismus |
https://twitter.com/nihilipster