[Slackbuilds-users] vlc 2.1.1 (SBo git) in 14.1

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Thu Nov 21 21:42:16 UTC 2013

On 22/11/2013, at 12:44 AM, Eric Hameleers <eha at alienbase.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Antonio Hernández Blas wrote:
>
>> Anyway, after creating a "metaSlackBuild" for vlc [1] and getting a log [2]
>> from it i'm seeing (grep -B 1 -A 2 vlc-2.1.1-build-2013-11-20.log) that
>> live555 is not detected [3] by vlc. Is this "normal" or something wrong with
>> my system?
>
> The full log when looking for live555 is like this (in my build):
>
> checking for LIVE555... no
> configure: WARNING: No package 'live555' found.
> checking for live555 version 1324598400 or later... yes
> checking for main in -lliveMedia_pic... no
> checking for main in -lliveMedia... yes
>
> The last three lines are what counts. Live555 is deteceted and a module built for it.
>
> Your log looks like this:
>
> checking for LIVE555... no
> configure: WARNING: No package 'live555' found.
> checking for live555 version 1324598400 or later... no
> configure: WARNING: live555 is missing or its installed version is too old:
> Version 2011.12.23 or later is required to proceed.
> You can get an updated one from http://www.live555.com/liveMedia .

If the latest SBo's from master are used, live555 should be recognised and used by vlc. From my vlc build log yesterday:

checking for live555 version 1324598400 or later... yes
checking for main in -lliveMedia_pic... no
checking for main in -lliveMedia… yes

[snip]
> You don't need some of the other "missing" ones like DeckLink

Decklink refers to a family of video capture and output cards - if you don't have one (or required includes/libs), "missing" is correct. They are great cards though (and SDK for Linux is available - with the required include/libs) with prices ranging from around AUD145. I use several of these cards in my work - they're a great mechanism for capturing full HD. See:
    http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink
and
    http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity

chris