[Slackbuilds-users] TeX Live 2014 #3 (third time's the charm?)

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Aug 17 06:45:50 UTC 2014

On Fri, 4 Jul 2014 11:30:57 +0800
Grissiom <chaos.proton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Robby Workman wrote:
>
> > If something you need is missing from it, then make sure it's
> > present in the texlive-texmf-extra package.  If not, then we have a
> > problem. If it is, then all is well, unless you have a really
> > strong case for why it should be included in the main texlive
> > package.
> >

> I found the ctex package( http://www.ctan.org/pkg/ctex ) is in -extra
> but I think it's better in the main pkg since so many modern Chinese
> document is depend on the ctex classes and templates.

I'm inclined to accept this, but then I wonder if that's not a
too-slippery slope to consider.  Is ctex included in the present
tetex stuff shipped with Slackware?  In other words, if texlive
as packaged by my current scripts were added to Slackware today
(assuming the updmap.cfg bug mentioned elsewhere in this thread
is fixed now), would lack of ctex be a regression?

-RW