[Slackbuilds-users] mupdf

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 18:32:20 UTC 2014

On 2/25/14, LEVAI Daniel <leva at ecentrum.hu> wrote:

> thought that a maintainer supposedly reads the mailing list, and if
> not (hence the phrase "won't step up"), then the package should be
> updated anyways.

Generally when the maintainer's not responding to direct email or the
list, the admins don't update the package themselves. Either someone
takes it over (usually the one reporting the issue), or the package
will be dropped from the repo.

> Critical means exactly that. Critical. Executing arbitrary code (as is
> the case with most of the stack overflows) _is_ critical.
> Also, your definition of "pretty rare" doesn't hold; how would you know
> who uses it on a day to day basis...

You're right. I should have thought that through better.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.