[Slackbuilds-users] mupdf

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 18:26:07 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014, LEVAI Daniel <leva at ecentrum.hu> wrote:

> On h, febr 24, 2014 at 17:51:52 -0500, B Watson wrote:
> > On 2/23/14, LEVAI Daniel <leva at ecentrum.hu <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > > If the maintainer won't step up,
> >
> > Hm, did I miss an email from you? Usually it's better to email the
> > maintainer directly instead of the list...
>
> My bad. My experience with sbo slackbuild maintainers is that most of
> them (read 9 out of 10) don't even bother to reply or do something with
> patches or new packages. I didn't intend to get around you, I just
> thought that a maintainer supposedly reads the mailing list, and if
> not (hence the phrase "won't step up"), then the package should be
> updated anyways.
>
> [...]
> > It's worth mentioning also: the "critical security bug" only affects XPS
> > documents, not PDFs. XPS is still pretty rare in the wild... "critical"
> > is probably too strong of a word.
>
> Critical means exactly that. Critical. Executing arbitrary code (as is
> the case with most of the stack overflows) _is_ critical.
> Also, your definition of "pretty rare" doesn't hold; how would you know
> who uses it on a day to day basis...

Just one man's opinion, but you really need to dump XPS. It was just
another "not invented here" attempt by Microsoft

http://www.howtogeek.com/148499/what-is-an-xps-file-and-why-does-windows-want-me-to-print-to-one/

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0