[Slackbuilds-users] Is anybody doing musl?

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Fri Jul 18 21:43:51 UTC 2014

On 18/07/2014 22:54, John Vogel wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:38:13 +0530
> Weldon Goree <weldon at langurwallah.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is anybody working on slackbuilding the musl C library? I use it a lot
>> and have what I think is a pretty good slackbuild made, so if that's not
>> stepping on anybody's toes I'll submit it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Weldon
> Hi Weldon,
>
> I would be interested in seeing what you have. I'm using musl for a project
> right now, so I'd be interested in giving your slackbuild a try.
I see here: http://www.etalabs.net/compare_libcs.html
that that musl misses POSIX localedef, legacy codepages and iconv.

Could we imagine a repackaging of bits of glibc{,solibs,i18n} so that
we be feature complete on that respect?

Just curious (and currently cherry picking part of that to include it
in Slint installers, hence the question).

Didier

PS Of course that would be needed only if/when Pat ships
musl in Slackware as a drop-in replacement of glibc, so
maybe not tomorrow morning ;)