[Slackbuilds-users] Patch for giblib.SlackBuild

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 06:37:04 UTC 2014

>> This is a great patch! It should be applied to any SlackBuild that uses a
>> "https://github.com/" download link, as the file name is changed when using
>> a browser, but not changed when using wget.
>
> It's not only github :-(
>
> By the way, to download with the right filename from the command line,
> you can use --content-disposition on the wget command line, or set the
> default for wget using 'content_disposition=on' in ~/.wgetrc or
> /etc/wgetrc (recommended for sbopkg users), or curl -J
>
> I think the following are affected:
>
> audio/soundkonverter
> development/ninja-ide
> development/openjdk
> development/pyside-tools
> development/sqlitebrowser
> graphics/scrot
> libraries/giblib
> libraries/libdesktop-agnostic
> libraries/lua-zlib
> libraries/luasec
> libraries/luasocket
> misc/par2cmdline
> multimedia/cantata
> network/arno-iptables-firewall
> network/modsecurity-apache
> network/sshuttle
> perl/perl-mojo
> python/python-elib.intl
> system/glances
> system/google-droid-fonts
>
> Actually, giblib can come out of that list now ;-)
>
> All the best
> -D.

in the *.SlackBuild with sources on github that I approved, I opted
for the solution you proposed earlier, David

tar xvf $CWD/$PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz || tar xvf $CWD/$VERSION.tar.gz

or (in some cases)

tar xvf $CWD/$PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz || tar xvf $CWD/v$VERSION.tar.gz

so it should work if content_disposition is on or off in /etc/wgetrc

Matteo