[Slackbuilds-users] libs in /usr/local/lib

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Sun Mar 9 13:19:02 UTC 2014

On 09/03/2014 13:36, Nick Warne wrote:
> Using slackbuild dsniff (as an example), I find that slackbuild fails on ./configure as it thinks libnet is not installed.
>
> Now, not to confuse things, this is on my AMD64 running Slack 12.1 (no multilib) and I often build/install 'lesser used libs' into /usr/local/lib and run/update ldconfig on installation.
>
> I can configure dsniff by hand fine, all libs are found - but using the slack script, it doesn't find them...

Alla SlackBuilds for libnet (there is none fo Salcakre 12.1) include this:

elif [ "$ARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then
   SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -fPIC"
   LIBDIRSUFFIX="64"

So this configure option:
--libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
expands to:
--libdir=/usr/lib64

But there is no /usr/lib64 directory in Slackware 12.1.

Could that be the issue?